Niskayuna PTO Organization Policy
Updated March 2012 (http://www.niskypto.org/dashboard/organization-policy)
- A PTO's school principal must endorse participation in NiskyPTO.org
- A school's PTO Board is required to maintain an active Communication Committee
- This committee is charged with the routine maintenance of information delivered through the website and its associated communication services.
- Members of the communication committee will insure that information posted is legible, timely, correct, and reliable.
- Members of the communication committee must designate at least one individual as their "School PTO Webmaster" with the additional responsibilities of:
The Communication Committee in most schools also includes one or more individuals that
- assisting the PTO and school with electronic communications
- attending workshop training sessions run by the "District PTO Webmaster"
- keeping in regular email contact with the "District PTO Webmaster"
- participation as a "list manger" on the Buzzable communications service
- issue PTO Newsletters
- update the school sign
- create the School Directory
- issue PTO meeting agendas and minutes