Iroquois PTO Volunteers are the parents and staff who make the PTO events, programs, fundraisers, and homeroom activities happen, and work to keep the Birchwood Community informed of these and all other topics of importance to parents and students.
The best reason to Get Involved with PTO is to benefit your child.
In doing so, you also help your school. But there are many more advantages. Here are just a few:
- Get Connected. There’s no better way to know what’s happening in your school.
- Tap into a Network. Parenting is not easy—it helps to share ideas, concerns and experiences with other parents and educators in the community. PTO functions are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, building rapport and discussing issues that are on your mind.
- Watch Yourself Grow. By volunteering, you gain valuable experiences. It’s an opportunity to put your skills and hobbies to good use for a good cause—your child and all children in the community.
- Speak Up - Be Heard. Because the PTO is a forum for exchanging ideas, you are encouraged to make suggestions. The PTO can be a great forum for you to more effectively suggest change at your child’s school.
- Witness Improvement. By getting involved at your child’s school you’ll be part of the solution, helping make positive changes.
- Be a Role Model. By becoming a PTO member, you’ll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.
Committee/Chair Guidelines & Forms
The guidelines and forms are saved on the Iroquois PTO Google Drive so that successive Chairs can edit them and don't have to start from scratch! Chairs should contact the PTO Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org
to request access to the forms.
The Iroquois PTO uses SignUp Genius to sign up and coordinate volunteer efforts. The 2015-16 volunteer signup sheet is live and available here. Meanwhile, if you have questions (or don't want to sign up online), don't wait! Contact us directly at email@example.com.