Iroquois Middle School
2495 Rosendale Rd, Niskayuna, NY 12309
Phone: (518) 377-2233
Principal: Victoria Palmer-Wyld
School Hours: 8:45-3:15
2016-17 Iroquois PTO Officers:
Co-Presidents: Heather Schechter & Michelle Haney
Co-Vice Presidents: Amy Soulé & Deb Foley
Co-Secretaries: Kim McClive-Reed & Sam Salem
Treasurer: Peter Kopcha
Parents' Night Out Mixer
While your Iroquois kid(s) enjoy the all-grade social, join us (with the rest of your family) for a dessert bar at the
Parents' Night Out Mixer!
There are two ways to purchase tickets:
Instruction for purchase at the door:
1) If you are purchasing tickets at the door, the prices are slightly higher ($20 for Adults 13 & up, $15 ages 4-12, ages 3& under FREE).
2) Please plan to pay by CASH or CHECK, as we are not yet able to accept mobile credit card payments.
Purchase right now (for a discount) using PayPal!
$15 for Adults 13 & up, $10 ages 4-12, and ages 3 & Under FREE!
Instructions for online purchase through PayPal (PLEASE READ!):
1) Select the first type of ticket you need (Adult age 13+) from the dropdown box. A PayPal shopping cart will open. Adjust quantity.
2) If you need tickets for children ages 4-12, instead of clicking a "Check out" button, click on "Continue Shopping" at the top right. You will be returned to this page, where you can select again from the dropdown box.
3) If you are bringing children ages 3 & Under, their tickets are FREE!! but we would greatly appreciate it if you would "Continue Shopping" and add their tickets to the cart (so that we can give accurate numbers to the Mohawk Club).
4) NOTE: If there is a system error, do NOT hit the back button in the PayPal cart. Every time you do this, it will add another ticket to the cart! Instead, try removing all tickets from the cart and starting over on this page.
4) If you have other issues, please either contact usat firstname.lastname@example.org, or let us know at the door.
The annual Staff Appreciation Luncheon is just one way we, as a PTO, thank our amazing Iroquois teachers and staff for their commitment to our students.
This year's Staff Appreciation Luncheon is on Wednesday, April 5.
Kiersten Spain, the Luncheon Chair, is seeking parents to assist with the luncheon. Please consider signing up now to be on this worthwhile committee!
You can sign up on Signup Genius here, or contact Kiersten at email@example.com.
Iroquois PTO is on Facebook!Iroquois PTO has joined the district and several other Niskayuna school PTOs on the Facebook community. Check out our brand-new Facebook page here, and give us some "likes"! You can also see the district's own Facebook page here.
AND . . . Iroquois Middle School is on Twitter! Check out the tweets here: https://twitter.com/iroqms
Need to know if today is Day A or B? Not sure if a club meeting is today? Morning announcements are made daily during homeroom, but in case your student missed them, you can find them here.
The Iroquois PTO recruits parent (and grandparent!) volunteers on a rolling basis and during an annual spring "Volunteer Drive" to be PTO committee chairs and members, and/or "day-of-event" helpers.
The 2016-17 PTO Volunteer SignUp is LIVE!
New Parents? Don't be shy! Come give it a try!
You can sign up online here, or email us to volunteer or find out more about a position. We'll be happy to answer any questions about what's involved!
You can check out assignments, find teacher emails, and all kinds of things on your team site. Take a look! Team 61 Team 6/7 Team 71 Team 81 Team 83
Help Wanted at the School Store!Calling all volunteers! Looking for a unique opportunity to support our Iroquois Middle Students, and the PTO? Join our Team of School Store Volunteers! Click here to sign up now.
Our School Store is open on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 11-1:30. We sell school supplies, locker accessories, Iroquois Spirit Apparel, and much more!
Thank you for considering sharing your time! Please contact Parent Store Manager Tina Dell with any questions.
Iroquois MS has a lot of clubs, musical groups, and sports teams for students to enjoy. Check the Morning Announcements for club meeting notices, or browse the club info here!
Let's give a shout-out to PTO Bulletin Board Chair Carol Blood!
Carol designs and posts our bulletin boards, and her displays are fantastic! Stop by and see them. They change once to twice monthly.
Try the Website's Search Feature!
In a hurry, and only need to know one little thing--like, does Iroquois have a Drama Club? How to sign up for PTO emails? Use the "Search this site" box (top right corner) to find info FAST!
PTO Membership & Directory Orders
It’s never too late to join PTO! Membership includes a handy print copy of the Iroquois PTO Directory.
There are now THREE ways to pay:
1. Send a $10 check made out to Iroquois PTO to the school (Please write PTO and your children(s) names and grades on the envelope)!
2. Pay by cash or check at Back To School night.
2. [NEW!] Pay dues or donate with PayPal by clicking a button below! (A PayPal account is not required; you can just use your credit card.)
Please enter children(s) full names and grades on the checkout page!
Each PayPal dues transaction costs the PTO 52¢.
Donations to help cover fees are appreciated!
Click through the link below to donate any amount you wish.
If your employer has a matching donations program (i.e., GE), please enter employer name on the final checkout page!
THANKS FOR BEING AN ACTIVE MEMBER OF YOUR PTO!
What does the Iroquois PTO do?
We support the teachers and staff.
We support the students.
We support families.
For teachers, we provide mini-grant opportunities to fund items or programs for students and classrooms. We also fund cultural/enrichment programs, the staff recognition luncheon, and small appreciation gifts to bus drivers, nurses and other support staff. Past examples of funding use include the library tile project (look UP as you enter the Media Center!), new library chairs, and Google Chromebooks for student use.
For the students, we fund fully or partially events and programs including Drama Club productions, Math Counts, the 8th Grade Graduation Party, Spirit Day snacks, the Ice Cream Social, the Newcomers Dinner, and the Read-a-thon. We also sponsor and staff all student socials.
For families, we provide an Internet Safety presentation in the fall, snacks at events, and stock and staff the School Store with student supplies and Iroquois gear. We also provide support for school costs for families dealing with hardship (families needing assistance are urged to contact the Principal, ).
How can you help?
Ways you can support our students, teachers, and school:
And no matter which way you provide support to the PTO (fundraising, donations, or volunteering), we greatly appreciate all that you do.
The district has new Back-to-School technology resources and support for Nisky schools families, including a new
notification system called School Messenger. Last year's Parent/Student Portal is also part of these resources, as well as NEW online Returning Student Registration. Click here for a flyer providing details!
The Parent Portal/School Messenger/Returning Student Registration Support Website can be found here!